As easy as snowshoes, with the speed and fun of skis. The KAR skis are fairly fat, but their short 147cm length keeps them easily manoeuvrable. They have a permanently attached skin underfoot for good grip when climbing, but good sliding too when the time comes to drop in. Great for exploring rolling terrain, as the recessed skin allows you to ski and skin without having to stop to put skins on and off.
- OAC braid box construction.
- Compression-resistant elastic foam core is strong and flexible.
- Unicoat ski base is tough and liquid wax friendly for the ultimate ease of use.
- Integrated high quality mohair-mix skin provides great glide and good traction.
- Aluminum and fiberglass reinforcement at binding area ensures a solid connection.
- Steel edges improve control when things get icy.
|Ideal for||Off-track touring|
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
Often called "fish scale" skis, waxless skis are designed so you don't need to apply kick wax. However, you may still want to apply glide wax for a better glide. They are a good option for those who don't like waxing, or for regions where temperatures can vary greatly throughout the day.