Ghost Andasol Cross 2 Bicycle - Women's
Bike to work more often. With this pedal-assist electric bike you can explore your city, ride to neighbouring towns and conquer fiendishly steep hills. Since about 1880, bikes have been pretty cool, now the battery power and speed available from e-bikes gives them a quantum leap forward. Ghost has years of experience and testing to back their urban/commuter e-bikes. The Andasol Cross uses a powerful Bosch motor, an elegant, well-balanced aluminum frame and high-wattage equipment. It's a fast, clean option that can reach speeds of 32k/h (without making you all sweaty). Start pedalling and the motor kicks in to assist, and you can adjust the amount of assist you want. SR Suntour fork has 60mm of travel to smooth out potholes and rough gravel. 42mm Schwalbe Smart Sam tires add comfort, and Shimano Acera and Alivio shifters keep it rolling smoothly. Bottom line: a super-speedy ride, no spandex required.
- Aluminum frame offers strength, lightness and comfort at a reasonable cost.
- SR Suntour fork provides 60mm of travel to make gravel roads feel like asphalt.
- Bosch Performance Line Cruise drive unit provides assistance up to 32km/h.
- Bosch PowerPack 400 lithium-ion battery offers 400Wh of energy.
- Battery charges from 0 to 100% in only 3.5hours.
- Bosch Purion display unit feats neatly on the handlebars, and has great readability.
- 4 pedal-assist levels adjust for longer range or faster speed (you have to pedal to get power from the motor).
- Walk assistance mode makes pushing easier.
- Gear shifting is taken care of by Shimano Acera and Alivio 9-speed components.
- Tektro ACC hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all conditions.
- Rodi rims laced on Ghost hubs have the durability and strength needed for e-bikes.
- Schwalbe Smart Sam tires provide traction on paved or gravel surfaces.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle.
- Distance on a charge varies by speed, assistance level, wind, hills, road surface, frequency of starting and stopping, gearing, weight carried and pedal cadence, expect somewhere between 25 and 150km.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Andasol Cross aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour SF14-NEX DS|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Bosch Performance Cruise|
|Battery||Bosch PowerPack 400|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Bosch Purion|
|Charge time||3.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Miranda Delta 18T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG300 9-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 700 x 42|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.