A limited-edition series from a renowned ski maker, the Carbonio 89 uses only the highest-quality materials to make this light and nimble ride. Carbon reinforced throughout, with a 3D tech alloy tip that provides a secure skin-attachment while the 3D shaping trims swing weight. Full-length sidewalls quiet the chatter that can be a factor with a full-carbon ski, making it predictable at high speeds and precise when skiing steep terrain. The lightly-rockered tip helps enter a turn while the rounded tail helps release. Great as part of a lightweight touring setup and for pushing the edge a little on steep descents and skimo routes.
- Full Micro sidewall for thinner edges that bite well on steep slopes.
- Paulownia wood core keeps weight as low as possible.
- Carbon fibre reinforcement throughout makes for a ski that's light and ready to charge.
- 3D tech shaves weight from the tip and tail to create a low swing weight.
- 3D tip uses carbon fiber to provide vibration-damping and comfort while skiing.
- Fully integrated alloy tip improves durability and is designed to work beautifully with Dynafit skins.
- Rocker in the tip and tail is consistant across all lengths for a fun and confidence inspiring ski for all.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.