With its light, layered carbon fibre frame, the Fenix SL 50 is a responsive, comfortable ride that blurs the line between race bike and endurance bike. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finishing sprints, the tapered head tube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the pavement. Detour onto back roads, and the Fenix's geometry soaks up vibration and smooths out washboard. When descending, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 30C) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. A frame this good deserves a certain calibre of components, so Ridley opted for Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset and a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components to tie this whip together. When coming in hot to technical hairpins, the Ultegra hydraulic discs produce confidence-inspiring, catch-free power and nuanced modulation.
- High-modulus carbon fibre frame with diamond-shaped top and head tubes is engineered for comfort, stiffness and performance in all conditions.
- Slightly raised head tube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays and lowered seatstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Pressfit bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Frame design allows for tires up to 30mm in width, should you want bigger tires.
- Carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre dropouts help cut overall weight, while stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Fulcrum Racing Sport DB wheels blends durability, performance and uses 12mm thru-axles.
- 25mm Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires are hard wearing.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 drivetrain offers great performance at a very competitive price.
- Shimano RS505 hydraulic disc brakes provide great modulation and braking power.
- FSA Gossamer Pro crankset is equipped with 50-34T chainrings for versatile gearing options.
- Seat, seat post, stem and other components are 4ZA Stratos.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL Disc HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-RS505 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano ST-RS505 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro ABS 386Evo 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF86|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing Sport DB|