MEC Acclimator Hoodie - Women's
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Astonishingly breathable, the MEC Acclimator Hoodie layers soft shell fabric with great air permeability over warm synthetic insulation. During product testing in Patagonia, MEC Ambassador Sarah Hart found the Acclimator so versatile that she could put it on in the morning and wear it all day without having to start and stop to layer up or layer down. The stretchy outer fabric gave her room to stretch while climbing, and the DWR finish shed light rain and snow. The streamlined cut makes this a great mid-layer for alpine climbing and hiking.
- Outer fabric is nylon and spandex soft shell that breathes exceptionally well.
- Quilted synthetic insulation on the chest, upper back and tops of arms remains warm and breathable in damp conditions.
- Outer surfaces are DWR-treated for protection from wetness.
- Lined with lightweight and nylon and spandex with a wicking finish to move moisture.
- Snug, scuba-style hood slips easily under a helmet.
- Internal stormflap covers zipper and a foldover chinguard protects your skin.
- Raglan style sleeves for comfort under pack straps.
- Zippered pockets on side seams hold the map or an energy bar.
- Adjustable hem and elastic cuffs seal warmth in and weather out.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
|Lining/backer||Nylon + spandex|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.