Ridley Fenix SL 50 Disc Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $2400.00 $2400.00
- Original price $3650.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
With its light, layered carbon fibre frame, the Fenix SL 50 disc is a responsive, comfortable ride that blurs the line between race bike and endurance bike. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finishing sprints, the tapered head tube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the pavement. Detour onto back roads, and the Fenix's geometry soaks up vibrations and smooths out washboard. When descending, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 28C) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. A frame this good deserves a certain calibre of components, so Ridley opted for Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 R7000 groupset and a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components to tie this whip together. When coming in hot to technical hairpins, the hydraulic discs produce confidence-inspiring, catch-free power and nuanced modulation.
- High-modulus carbon fibre frame with diamond-shaped top and head tubes is engineered for comfort, stiffness and performance in all conditions.
- Slightly raised head tube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays and lowered seat stays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Pressfit bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Frame design allows for tires up to 28mm in width.
- Carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre dropouts help cut overall weight, while stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Fulcrum Racing 700 DB wheels blends durability and performance, and use 12mm thru-axles.
- 28mm Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires are light, confidence-inspiring and durable.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 R7000 drivetrain offers great performance at a very competitive price.
- Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc brakes provide great modulation and braking power.
- FSA Gossamer Pro crankset with 50-34T chainrings is paired with Shimano 105 11-30T cassette for versatile gearing options.
- Seat, seat post, stem and other components are 4ZA Stratos.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL Disc HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano 105 R7020 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Shifters||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro ABS 386Evo 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF86|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-30T|
|Tires||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 28|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing 700 DB|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.