A pinnacle piece from Rab, a company that sets the benchmark for high-altitude gear. The Expedition 1400 sleeping bag is what you want for climbing Everest or Denali, first winter ascents in the Karakorum or crossing polar ice caps. It uses the highest-quality down, lightweight fabrics and features designed to weather the world's most extreme conditions.
- Outer fabric is water-resistant yet breathable Pertex Endurance nylon.
- Lightweight Pertex Microlight lining has a Polygiene anti-odour finish.
- Hood and footbox are lined with water-resistant Pertex Endurance to stand up to condensation.
- Insulated with premium 850-fill-power down that provides exceptional warmth for its weight.
- Nikwax Hydrophobic treatment ensures the down absorbs less water, dries faster and retains loft better than conventional down.
- Down is ethically sourced from European geese and meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- A close-fitting neck baffle, face baffle and adjustable hood keep the cold from sneaking in.
- Longitudinal baffles in the chest and foot minimize down migration.
- 3/4-length zipper saves weight without restricting entry and exit.
- Internal zippered pocket protects your contact lenses or headlamp from the cold.
- Includes a cotton home storage sack and a dry bag–style compression sack.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Insulation||850 fill-power water-repellent goose down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Length||Fits up to 6' 4" (193 cm)|
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.
|Product sustainability||Certified Responsible Down|
|Made in||United Kingdom|