A favourite option for fast-and-light hikers, the Silicone Scout tarp makes a fine shelter for two. The versatile design can be rigged as a roof, or pitched at an angle to create a comfortable shelter from the wind.
- Silnylon fabric is super lightweight and tear-resistant.
- Multiple attachment points provide lots of rigging options.
- Nickle-plated solid brass grommets are rugged and corrosion-resistant.
- Stuff sack snaps onto an attachment near the middle of the centre seam, so you can use a trekking pole, paddle, or length of wood as a centre pole.
- Centre loop lets you suspend it pyramid-style.
|Fly fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.