The North Face Tanager Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Smocky goodness for a season on the groomers. The street-inspired design is set to shred all winter. Stash your phone in the zippered kangaroo pocket, and shut out powder with its gripped snow skirt. It's totally weatherproof, uninsulated and roomy enought to give you liberty and the option to layer however you like.
- 2-layer DryVent® with a 210-denier nylon face balances durability with reliable weatherproofing.
- Pullover design has a side access zip and snap at the hip.
- Storm hood fits over a helmet and adjusts with drawcords.
- YKK® Vislon zipper closes smoothly, the polyurethane coating seals out the weather.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic hem.
- Zippered underarm vents let excess heat escape.
- 1 zippered kangaroo pocket with media port and 1 internal google pocket.
- 1 Velcro® forearm pocket holds a ski pass.
- Velcro® tabs at cuffs.
|Face fabric||210-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.