A super-lightweight helmet for young freestylers. Sized for growing heads, this helmet easily adjusts for more than one season of use. It's light and breathable, making is easy and comfortable to wear.
- Polycarbonate shell provides durable protection.
- EPS liner fused to shell absorbs shocks in the event of a fall.
- Custom Dial offers quick, easy adjustment for growing heads.
- Wide range of size adjustment, for several seasons of riding.
- Airflow venting keeps heads cool and reduces fog.
- Liner comes out for easy washing.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).