The blowtorch of outdoor stoves, the XGK EX is a reliable all-condition stove that’s built to excel during extended expeditions and mountaineering adventures. If you need to melt buckets of snow for drinking water, the XGK EX is a sure-fire choice. If you need to simmer the white sauce, you could find a more practical stove.
- Flexible fuel line keeps stove compact.
- Retractable legs increase stability of stove platform.
- High-output element burns white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto-fuel, diesel, aviation gas, JP-8 and Jet 1-A.
- Boils 1L in 3.6 minutes (white gas) or 2.9 minutes (kerosene).
- Output is 10,500BTU (white gas), 12,500BTU (kerosene), 6800BTU (unleaded gas).
- Includes windscreen, heat reflector, stuff sack, small parts kit, and fuel pump.
- Fuel bottle sold separately.
|Burner components||Aluminum and steel|
Stoves are designed to burn specific fuels. All stoves should only be used with recommended fuels to prevent damage.
The average time it takes to boil 1L of water. Wind, air temperature and elevation will affect boil time in the field.
The output of any heat generating device is shown in BTUs (British Thermal Units) which measure the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1°F.
|Dimensions||10 x 8cm|
Heat reflectors are placed under the burner and reflect heat back up towards the cooking pot. This helps save fuel and speed cooking time.
Liquid fuel stoves require a fuel pump to pressurize the fuel tank.