This compact 4-season expedition stove with all the key features of the Optimus Nova, plus a few extra features. Powerline control valve uses the fuel hose as an extension to the valve. Control the flame by twisting the green control at the end of the hose, which comes in handy on a wind-shielded stove while you're wearing gloves. The magnetic cleaning tool also cleans the jet while you are cooking to keep things in working order.
- Stove body is durable stainless steel with aluminum pump and brass components.
- Boil time may vary depending on fuel used, altitude and conditions.
- Burns white gas, kerosene, diesel #1, auto-fuel, and aviation fuel.
- Output is 9700BTU (white gas), 9400BTU (kerosene), 9400BTU (diesel), 9300BTU (aviation fuel).
- Fuel bottle sold separately.
Stoves are designed to burn specific fuels. All stoves should only be used with recommended fuels to prevent damage.
The average time it takes to boil 1L of water. Wind, air temperature and elevation will affect boil time in the field.
The output of any heat generating device is shown in BTUs (British Thermal Units) which measure the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1°F.
|Dimensions||12.5 x 6.7cm|
Heat reflectors are placed under the burner and reflect heat back up towards the cooking pot. This helps save fuel and speed cooking time.
Liquid fuel stoves require a fuel pump to pressurize the fuel tank.