Ponchos offer extremely versatile weather protection, fending off lashing rain while allowing comfort-enhancing airflow and freedom of movement. A brilliant choice for your next camping or canoeing adventure, the waterproof-breathable fabric will minimize any moisture build-up and keep your inner layers dry.
- Made of 100% 50-denier nylon, constructed in a 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable laminate with a ripstop face, DWR treatment, and polyurethane coating.
- The lightweight fabric is compact enough to fold up and stuff in a pack, and sufficiently non-restrictive to allow you full range of motion when hiking or paddling.
- Integral hood has a stiffened brim to shed rain away from your face.
- Long zipper makes it easy to get on and off, and the storm flap seals out the rain.
- Grommets let you convert it to a small shelter in a pinch.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.