Designed in consultation with speed mountaineer Ueli Steck, this is a light, compact, yet amazingly comprehensive tool for backcountry skiing and mountaineering. It lets you tighten tool heads, resharpen blunt picks or crampons, and pry open tins of tuna for a quick protein hit.
- Opens with a single gloved hand and has a safety lock for protection when stowed.
- Integrated magnetic 1/4in holder uses the supplied Philips and flathead bits (or any additional ones you want to bring along).
- Integrated hexagonal holes for M4, M6 and M8 bolts (7mm, 10mm and 13mm).
- Combination metal saw and file.
- Case and limited edition DVD included.
|Ideal for||Everyday use|
|Handle material||Titanium alloy|
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Straight + serrated|
|Blade material||Stainless steel|
|Knife length (closed)||8.5cm|
|Number of knives||1|
|Phillips (cross) driver||Yes|
|Flathead (slot) screwdriver||Yes|
|Blade locking system||Yes|
Reamers are used to enlarge or true a hole that has already exists.
A spike used for making holes in tough materials such as wood or leather.
Used to remove a hook that has been swallowed by a fish.
This type of awl has a hole for thread in the tip.