MEC Alpine Refuge Jacket - Men's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
For high-mountain adventures where efficiency and speed are worked into the plan. This ultra-light storm shell has been stripped-back to essentials. With a design that's compact enough to ride unnoticed on your harness or in a corner your pack, it offers storm-proof protection if the sky cracks open your contingency plans are called into effect. The stretch fabric provides both generous mobility and exceptional breathability, with an inner hydrophilic membrane that pulls moisture outward and allows you to drop the hammer and stay moving, yet stay dry for the duration.
- 3-layer Toray Dermizax NX nylon uses an outer DWR coating and fully taped seams for extreme wet-weather protection. The inner hydrophilic membrane effectively moves moisture outward during high-output climbing, skiing and hiking.
- Adjustable helmet compatible hood.
- Fleece chin guard on interior of collar prevents chafing.
- Uretek coated zippers for are fully weatherproof.
- Minimalist design with two hand pockets and 1 interior chest pocket.
- Chest pocket functions as a stuff sack and has a loop that allows it to be clipped on with a carabiner.
- Adjustable draw cord hem and Velcro® cuffs keep water out.
- Length is below hip to fit smoothly under a harness or pack.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Toray Dermizax NX|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.