Those who are truly competent in the outdoors are often very low key about their abilities. So the VS-3 packs an altimeter, barometer, thermometer and compass into a slim, discrete case you can sport in alpine or office settings. A side-mounted multi-sensor ensures accurate readings for all functions.
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
- Screw-down stainless steel battery cover.
- Altimeter has a 1m resolution, a working range of -500 meters to 9000 meters, graph display of changes, user-selectable metric or imperial units, and 50 logbook data memories.
- Compass has 1°resolution, declination setting and tracking, north-south arrow and north indicator.
- Barometer has 1 mbar/hPa resolution, a working range from 300 mbar/hPa to 1100. mbar/hPa, graph display of changes, and a sea level setting.
- Thermometer has 0.1°C resolution, a range of -10°C to 60°C, and user-selectable metric or imperial units.
- World time includes 24 time zones, sunrise/sunset for 48 cities. 12-hour (AM-PM) or 24-hour format.
- Chronograph with 1/100 second accuracy
- Countdown timer.
- Multiple alarm functions.
- Electro-luminescent backlight with 3 second delay.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Wrist strap material||Rubber|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Vertical speed indicator||No|
Devices with a logging function will track and store altitude changes over a specific period of time. This allows you to track the changes in elevation and total elevation gained or lost during a climb, hike, or ride. It also enables you to track the number of runs you do on a stellar ski day!
|Heading in degrees||Yes|
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor||No|
|Batteries||1 lithium CR2032 (included)|
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Chest strap||Not compatible|