La Sportiva Otaki Rock Shoes - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Precisely curved and exacting, these shoes suit in-your-face routes and powerful climbing. The Velcro® closures are designed to push your foot forward to get power into your toes so you can work small holds and overhanging terrain. The heel is crafted for stability, with very firm rubber on the inside edge that resists being deformed under torsion so you can set a heel hook and bear down on it. Shaped like a classic slipper, the Otaki is a precision instrument that sings on the sharp end.
- Uppers are leather with microfiber, lined only in the front for a glove-like, sensitive fit.
- Hook-and-loop closure for easy on/off and to tune in a performance fit.
- Downturned performance fit for precise placements on small holds and dime-sized edges.
- S-Heel construction is designed for stable, confident heel hooking.
- Slip-lasted construction with 1.1mm P3 (Permanent Power Platform) midsoles.
- Soles are 4mm Vibram® XS Edge.
- La Sportiva suggests downsizing 1-1.5 sizes (performance fit) or 0.5-1 sizes (comfort fit) from your street shoe size.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather and synthetic|
|Outsoles||4mm Vibram XS Edge|
How to measure