Ridley X-Trail C45 Bicycle - Unisex
What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, gravel grind and race cyclocross all in one weekend? The incredibly versatile Ridley X-Trail. Its geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows up to 36C tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or a group ride by swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and smooth, the SRAM Rival 1 gruppo is a performer with a versatile gear range. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation regardless of the conditions. Smart details make this package a winner: asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and a scuff guard on the fork to prevent damage when swapping wheels.
- High-modulus uni-directional carbon fibre frame is light, stiff, comfortable and durable enough to handle the rigours of varied riding.
- Rear triangle features uniquely shaped tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric fork features a carbon steer tube.
- 4ZA Cirrus stems, handlebars and seatpost are race ready.
- SRAM Rival 1x11 gruppo yields precise shifting in a lightweight package.
- SRAM Rival hydraulic disc brakes provide great power and modulation in all weather.
- The 46T chainring paired with a big 11-42T cassette means a wide gear range for every kind of ride.
- Thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- 36C Clement X'Plor MSO tires handle the rigours of gravel grinding or cyclocross.
- DT Swiss C 1800 Spline wheels features a 22mm internal width for a great fit with trail ready tires.
- Hidden fender mounts add all-weather versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Rival 46T|
|Bottom bracket||Pressfit GXP|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.