Ridley Aura X50 - Women's
Ridley Aura X50 - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $2100.00 $2100.00
- Original price $2950.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Designed for QOM chasers and mountain-pass climbers, the Aura X is based on the successful Ridley Helium. Ridley used the experience acquired from designing the Helium to remove excess material and add just the right amount of stiffness to achieve a sub-1200g frame and fork. The result is a bike that climbs like no other and provides more stiffness than one would expect from its weight. A pressfit bottom bracket optimizes your output, and ultra-thin seat stays increase lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. Rounded shaping is used on the seat, top and down tubes, offering the best stiffness-to-weight ratio with the least amount of material. An oversized, tapered head tube reduces weight and increases stiffness on the front end for heightened steering precision. A frame this good deserves a certain calibre of components, so Ridley opted for Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset, a well-respected set of Mavic Aksium Elite wheels and a host of proven 4ZA Stratos components to tie this whip together.
- High-modulus carbon fibre frame with round tubes is engineered for the optimal strength-to-weight ratio.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Ultra-thin chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Full carbon fibre fork with carbon steerer keeps the weight low.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Pressfit bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Carbon fibre dropouts help cut overall weight, while stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Aksium wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Elite Guard tires.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 drivetrain provides crisps shifting.
- FSA Gossamer Pro crankset is equipped with 50-34T chainrings for versatile gearing options.
- 4ZA brakes keeps your speed in check.
- Seat, seat post, stem and other components are 4ZA Stratos.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Aura X carbon|
|Fork||Aura X HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 44E|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|4ZA (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Aksium Elite|
|Saddle||4ZA Stratos Lady|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.