A mid-weight disc wheelset designed for cross and gravel grinding. 650B (aka 27.5in) wheels are the perfect tool to mount massive tires and earn yourself a fantastically comfortable ride. With 46mm tires you have a total diameter very similar to a standard 700C, but with way more air between you an the ground, plus lower pressure and better grip. The rims are 30mm deep for aero gains, and an internal width of 21mm and 24.6mm externally suits the high-volume tires you need for smoothing out gravel roads. The rims can easily converted to tubeless if you want better puncture protection.
- Aluminum rims feature a wide and stable 21mm internal rim width.
- Rim is 30mm deep for aero gains.
- Designed with tubeless conversion in mind.
- Double butted stainless steel spokes are strong and durable.
- 2-cross lacing pattern hits the balance between durability and lightweight.
- Hard-wearing, Shimano-style steel freehub, compatible with 8- to 11-speed cassettes.
- Alloy axle supported by 4 sealed cartridge bearings at the rear, 2 at the front.
- Compatible with 6-bolt disc rotors.
- Includes end caps for 9 x 100mm, 12 x 100mm, 15 x 100mm, 10 x 135mm and 12 x 142mm frames.
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Rims||Alex Boondocks 3|