Don’t hibernate this winter. With a waterproof liner, these shoes keep you tearing up the trail, not waiting for spring melt. Their wild looking soles use the same tried and true lug profile of the Speedcross series, but with a winter-specific compound and integrated tungsten spikes. A snug fitting upper with smooth quick lacing gives this shoe a lovely natural feel through each strike. Snow and ice don’t stop your trail running season, they just make it a little more interesting.
- Seamless upper construction eliminates friction points for a smooth fit.
- GORE-TEX® provides reliable protection against water and snow.
- EnergyCell high performance EVA foam absorbs shock throughout your strike.
- SensiFit cradles the foot for an all-round secure feel.
- Quicklace system closes quickly for a strong and slip-free hold.
- Lace pocket keeps the Quicklace closure tidy and snag-free.
- Winter Contragrip® sole provides a tough and durable grip to the ground.
- 12 tungsten spikes increase traction on ice.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.