This active, non-lethal deterrent causes temporary eye tearing and respiratory distress, but no permanent damage to bears. The included holster lets you keep your bear spray close by. Prevention is your best strategy to prevent bear encounters (stay aware, make noise when hiking, store your food safely in camp), but having a deterrent is a good secondary plan.
- Fires for approximately 5.6 seconds.
- Range is roughly 9m.
- Included belt holster securely holds the bear spray and keeps it close by.
- Active ingredient is 1% capsaicin that will not cause permanent eye damage.
- Dual component Dymel-nitrogen propellant remains effective at extremely low temperatures and does not cause ozone depletion. Non-flammable.
- Glow-in-the-dark safety clip lets you find the unit in the dark.
- Zip tie prevents accidental loss of safety clip.
- 3-year shelf life, with expiration date on label.
- Note: When purchasing or picking up bear spray in-store, valid Photo ID is required.