212 Brooksbank Avenue
North Vancouver, BC
Tuesday Open 10:00am – 8:00pm
|Tuesday||10:00am - 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 8:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 9:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Sunday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Monday||10:00am - 8:00pm|
We are following the advice and guidance of local health authorities to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment to MEC members and staff.
We aim to provide a safe environment that respects everyone’s comfort level and risk tolerance. Thanks for looking out for each other.
Order online and pick up at this location.
You can return products to any store.
Repairs and recycling
For the safety of staff and members, we are pausing in-store gear repair services for a while. Thanks for your understanding. Want to try some repairs on your own? Learn how to fix your own gear with these how-to articles and videos on popular gear repair topics.
If you bought any of the items below at MEC, you can bring them back to our store for recycling:
- Batteries (no broken or corroded ones please).
- Bike tires (no tubes) – they can get ground up for tarmac or playground surfaces.
Due to safety concerns, we do not accept used flammable goods, including camping gas canisters, stove fuel, flares, bear bangers and bear spray. Please contact your local waste management office to find out how to properly dispose of these items.
Have a question about something that’s not on the list above? Give us a call or contact your local municipal recycling program.
Green building features
Our MEC North Vancouver store is one of our signature green buildings. It opened its doors in 2012, and is officially designed as a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified building. Here are some of the green features:
- The roof and walls make up a highly efficient building envelope through the use of structural insulated panels that cut down on heat loss because of leaking air. This provides significantly more thermal insulation than conventional buildings.
- To cut down on materials required, there are minimal floor and ceiling coverings.
- To cut down on energy required for heating and cooling, a concrete slab floor acts as a giant radiator that’s warmed or cooled by a geo-exchange system in which fluid is pumped through embedded piping. Predictive controls preheat or cool the slab based on forecasted weather.
- The building doesn’t use conventional ducting; the entire first floor acts as one large air duct (or plenum) requiring less fan energy.
- The sawtooth-shaped roof and clerestory windows are oriented so the less-intense northern light can help naturally enter and reflect off the ceiling to flood the retail floor with natural light.
- The lights we do have turn off automatically when there’s enough natural light to save energy (for both the lights and the energy needed to cool heat from the bulbs).
- The non-potable water system is supplied by an onsite well, and is used for toilets and to water the native species of drought-tolerant plants.
- Low-flow fixtures reduce overall water consumption.
- Captured precipitation (stormwater) is held and filtered through bioswales, rain gardens and permeable pavers before it goes back to the water table. There’s no connection to the municipal storm sewer.
- Landscaping seamlessly integrates with the nearby biking and hiking trails in Lynnmouth Park.
- Electric vehicle charging stations have reserved parking spots.
Like all MEC buildings, we’re proud to say that this store is carbon neutral. We purchase Green Electricity Certificates and Green Natural Gas Certificates from Bullfrog Power, which means that Bullfrog procures renewable energy (wind, micro-hydro and biogas) on our behalf for electricity and natural gas.
MEC aims to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts in our stores. Learn more about our green buildings.
Professional ski and snowboard shop services to set you up for the season. Some services may not be available year-round. Call us to set up a visit.
Buy two of the big three – board/skis, bindings, boots – from MEC and we’ll mount your bindings for free. This offer applies to all types of snowboard and ski equipment sold at MEC. If you’re shopping online, take advantage of this deal by calling your store to arrange an appointment to mount your bindings before you visit. Our ski techs get busy, and we don’t want to let you down.
|Binding removal -- With purchase of new binding or skis||Free|
| Base tune-up|
|General repairs -- Minimum shop charge is $5||$70/hr|
|Hot wax (hand)||$35|
|Pine tar -- Call for availability||$30|
| Additional services|
|Skin fit and shaping -- Call for availability||$25|
|Boot liner molding -- With purchase of boots||Free|
| Snowshoe services|
|Rivet replacement (per rivet)||$15/unit|
|Binding strap replacement (per strap)||$15/unit|
Your local MEC store is more than just a place to get gear – it’s a hub for your outdoor community. MEC All Out (our community program) has all kinds of ways to help you get outside:
Year-round, MEC offers low cost (or even free) clinics and workshops. Find MEC events near you see what’s happening in store, learn new outdoor skills from friendly staff instructors, and spark ideas for your next outdoor trip.
Grants and donations
Our community program has given tens of millions of dollars to help people in Canada get active outdoors. Have an awesome outdoor idea? Check out our community grants and grassroots product donations for criteria and applications.
Free display space
Not-for-profit groups and local clubs that share MEC values can use our floor space to tell people what’s going on. Let people know about outdoor issues, collect input on plans, or just get the word out about your club. For more info, please email email@example.com or phone the store.
Free meeting room
*We’re taking precautionary steps due to COVID-19, and pausing all bookings of the Community Room for the moment. We take your health seriously and are following the recommendations of public health agencies to practice social distancing and limit gatherings. We will continue to monitor and reassess the situation as it evolves. For groups with a current booking, we’ll contact you by email to ensure you can plan accordingly. *
Phone: Call(604) 990-4417
Our bike mechanics can do it all, from installing fenders to building wheels from scratch. Not sure what work your bike needs? Bring it in for a free safety inspection and we’ll let you know. Call us to set up a bike shop visit. Small repairs can be done while you shop.
Bike fitting services are temporarily paused.
Parts are not included in tune-up prices. **Add-on services for all Tune-up packages: bike cleaning fee $20, hub repack (single) $20, spoke replacement $10 (spokes and nipples not included).
Basic Tune-up $100
For when your bike hasn’t had a tune-up after a season of light use. Designed to get you rolling smoothly again by solving your drivetrain issues, imprecise shifting, loose feeling brakes, or when the whole bike is feeling slightly off.
- Full bike safety check; all bolts, pivot points, and components inspected for proper torque and wear levels
- Light cleaning -- Frame and fork wiped down and inspected
- Tires inflated, chain lubricated, and grease applied to seatpost
- Bearing adjustments -- including headset, and front and rear hubs
- Brake systems adjusted -- including cable adjustments and pad position
- Shifting systems adjusted -- including cable adjustments and hanger alignment
- Minor wheel truing -- lateral truing and light radial adjustments (spoke replacements extra)
- Minor components installed (chain, cassette, brake pads, tubes)
Advanced Tune-up $140
For when your bike hasn't had a tune-up after a season of regular riding or has issues caused by dirt, component wear, or light damage. If your bike has poor or inconsistent shifting, soft brakes, or the wheels aren’t straight, this package is for you.
- Includes every service from the Basic Tune-up, plus:
- Major wheel truing as needed -- including tension and dish adjustments
- Drivetrain removed and fully washed, lubricated, and reinstalled
- Frame, fork, and wheels cleaned -- including braking surfaces
- Installation of up to 2 cables, with housing **parts extra
Advanced Plus Tune-up $220
A comprehensive service for well-used bikes that need of some TLC.
- Includes every service from the Advanced Tune-up, plus:
- Headset and Wheel bearings cleaned and repacked
- Hydraulic brakes bled, or the installation of all cables and hosing for non-hydraulic systems
- Installation of intermediate-level components (bottom bracket, spoke replacements, tubeless sealant refresh) **parts extra
Available in Road and MTB specific packages. This complete service gets your bike looking and feeling brand new.
- Includes every service from the Advanced PLUS Tune-up, plus:
- Complete tear down and rebuild (MTB includes linkages)
- Full frame, component, and wheel detailing
- ** NOT included -- Specialty services such as: Suspension services, dropper post services, and wheel building.
A la carte bike services
|Tire or tube install||$12|
|Specialty Tire or Tube Install (e-bikes, fat bikes, etc)||$20|
|Wheel true||$15 – $20|
|Wheel build||$70 and up|
|Hub adjustment||$10 – $20|
|Brake adjustment||$15 – $25|
|Cable and housing replacement -- Installation cost per cable and housing length||$10|
|Gear adjustment||$15 – $20|
|Chain installation||$8 - $17|
|Bottom bracket replacement -- BB Removal, frame prepped, installation (parts not included)||$30|
|Shimano internal geared hub service -- Disassembly, fluid replacement, and lubrication||$70|
|Shimano Di2 reprogramming and firmware update -- call for store availability||$35|
|Cable and housing replacement -- Installation cost per cable and housing length||$10|
|Miscellaneous accessory install||$10 – $35|
|Bar tape installation -- Tape extra||$25|
|Bike boxing -- Partial disassembly and packaging for shipping or airplane travel||$60|
|General repairs -- Minimum shop charge is $5||$|