Bikes are back in business
Monday to Saturday 12–5pm (excluding public holidays).
Our bike techs are available for sales, minor tune-ups, major fixes or helping you get on a new bike. The store is open for bike repairs and sales only.
We have strict limits on the number of people allowed inside and have safety and social distancing measures in place. There is no access or shopping in the rest of the store.
MEC has been closely monitoring guidelines provided by provincial governments to ensure the safety of MEC Staffers and members.
- Number of people inside stores is limited (occupancy limit: 1 person per 20 square meters) and controlled at all entrances.
- Social distancing guidelines are posted on the floor and walls outside and inside stores.
- Lineup areas have two-meter markers on the floor.
- Staff are required to wear protective equipment including gloves and masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for members and staff to use.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing.
- Common areas including doors, staircases, cash desks, and bike fitting areas are regularly disinfected.
- Fitting rooms are currently closed.
- Cleaning processes are enhanced for the entire store.
- Plexiglass shields installed at cashier stations.
- Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
- MEC stores are currently not accepting returns. MEC is still offering mail-in returns.
- Rental services are paused.
- Our repair shop is open for bike and ski repairs only.
Facilities and supply chain
- We are following all government advisories regarding gathering sizes and retail operations
- We remain committed to our responsible sourcing practices. MEC continues to uphold standards for the health and safety of people who make and distribute the products we sell.
- Bike shop
- Ski services
- Repairs and recycling
- Green building features