Our bike shop mechanics can do it all, from installing fenders to building wheels from scratch. We offer a full range of repair services, including minor adjustments and repairs, component upgrades, suspension work, tune-ups and major overhauls.
We fix all kinds of bikes: commuter, road, e-bikes, gravel, mountain and kids. Not sure what you need? Bring in your bike for a free safety inspection and we’ll let you know.
Your local bike shop
MEC bike shops are open every day of the week in MEC locations across Canada.
Parts are not included in tune-up prices.
Basic tune-up: $100
For when your bike hasn’t had a tune-up after a season of light use.
- Full bike safety check – all bolts, pivot points, and components inspected for proper torque and wear levels
- Tires inflated, chain lubricated, and grease applied to seatpost
- Bearing adjustments – including headset, and front and rear hubs
- Brake systems adjusted – including cable adjustments and pad position
- Shifting systems adjusted – including cable adjustments and hanger alignment
- Minor labour to install components
- Minor wheel truing – lateral truing and light radial adjustments (spoke replacements extra)
- Light bike cleaning; frame and fork wiped down and inspected
Full tune-up: $160
For when your bike hasn't had a tune-up after a season of regular riding or has issues caused by dirt, component wear, or light damage.
- Includes every service from the basic tune-up, plus:
- Major wheel truing as needed – including tension and dish adjustments
- Drivetrain removed and fully washed, lubricated, and reinstalled
- Bike cleaning – frame, fork, wheels cleaned, including braking surfaces
- Installation of up to 2 cables, with housing (parts extra)
Premium overhaul: $280
This complete service gets your bike looking and feeling brand new. Note: does not include specialty services such as suspension service, dropper post service, and wheel building.
- Includes every service from the full tune-up, plus:
- Hydraulic brakes bled, or the installation of all cables and hosing for non-hydraulic systems
- Labour to install any components
- Complete tear down and rebuild (MTB includes linkages)
- Full frame, component, and wheel detailing
- Di2 firmware updates
Cycling offers and service deals
Get set for the season with package discounts and sweet deals to fine-tune your setup, including:
- 10% off bike accessories
- 10% off Thule passenger upgrades
- 1 year of free service for bikes worth $1000 or more
- Special Cannondale bike service offer
See all the details on our cycling offers page.
Service agreement for bikes
During its first year, a new bike may require minor adjustments. If you bought your bike at MEC, you can bring it in for free adjustments and minor maintenance for one year after purchase. Adjustments and maintenance include tightening of cables, bearing adjustments, minor wheel truing, and general check ups. The Service Agreement covers the cost of service and labour, but not the cost of replacement parts or advanced repairs. Any part found to be defective is covered by our Rocksolid Guarantee. The guarantee and Bike Service Agreement cover normal use and riding conditions.
- Damage caused by accidents, misuse, or abuse is not covered.
- Normal wear and tear on items such as tires, tubes, brakes, gear cables, and brakes is not covered.
- The Bike Service Agreement applies to the original owner only, so you'll need your receipt and member number when bringing your bike in.