1. Why do I need to be a member to shop at MEC?
We’re a co-operative, and part of that means that we can only sell to members. Learn more about co-op membership.
2. How do I become a member?
A lifetime membership is $5. To join, just add a membership share when you check out online, or stop by any store.
3. Can I use my friend’s/spouse’s/parent’s membership?
No. Memberships are unique, not shared. For $5, you can get your own lifetime membership.
4. How much is a membership and how long does it last?
A lifetime membership is $5, the same price since 1971.
5. Do I need a membership card?
No, you don’t need a physical card to shop at MEC. We can look up your membership number using your phone number. If you want a physical card, you can order one in your local store or through email@example.com
6. What benefits do I get as an MEC member?
As an MEC member, you get access to awesome gear and expert advice from people in the know. You’re part of a hub for the outdoor community, with outdoor festivals, club nights and great MEC events. Plus, every purchase helps make getting outside just a little bit easier. Since 1987, MEC has invested millions in outdoor recreation and conservation projects across Canada.
7. My friend received a gift card in the mail or by email from MEC and I didn’t. Why?
One of the perks of joining MEC is owning a share of the Co-op. Every year, our Board of Directors reviews the possibility of a share redemption, which means eligible members receive an MEC gift card. Share redemptions are not guaranteed every year, and only members who meet the criteria receive one of these gift cards.
8. How do I change my name or contact info?
Log into your MEC account online to change your personal information. If you prefer, you can also ask the Service Centre for help or email firstname.lastname@example.org.