If you find a lower price for an identical product (online, in a store or advertised in print) within 30 days of a purchase, call us 1 (888) 847-0770 or (604) 876-6221 or contact a store with details and proof of purchase.
If it meets these conditions, we’ll match the price.
- The item has to be new and an identical model and year
- It can’t be seconds, refurbished, opened, pre-owned or damaged in any way
- Must be sold and shipped from within Canada by a Canadian-based retailer
- It has to be fully priced in Canadian Dollars, and account for all additional charges including, but not limited to, shipping and handling and environmental fees. (So if a competitor offers an item at $350 plus $50 shipping, we consider the competitor’s price to be $400.)
- The price has to be ticketed, signed or advertised, not verbally agreed to
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase through the competitor’s regular retail channel at the time of request
- Our price match policy includes sale and clearance prices, but doesn’t include special orders and prices lowered due to errors, misprints, multiple purchase discounts, close-outs or end-of-business liquidations
- MEC staff have to be able to verify all the details above
a note about pricing errors
If an item is listed at an incorrect price due to an error, MEC has the right, at our sole discretion, to reject or cancel orders placed for that item. At our discretion and depending on the circumstances, we’ll either contact you for instructions about your order, or cancel the order and notify you about the cancellation.
We don’t have sales. If you need something today, you can buy it today and know it’s great value for the money. We do offer clearance prices for products, sizes, or colours that are discontinued. Clearance items may have limited availability and prices may apply to specific colours or sizes.
If something you’ve purchased goes on clearance, contact us within 30 days of the original purchase and we’ll refund you the difference. Just call us or bring your receipt to the store where you bought the item.