If you find a lower price on the same product from the same season (online, in a store or advertised in print) within 30 days after a purchase, call us 1 (888) 847-0770 or (604) 876-6221 or contact a store with details and proof of purchase.
If it meets these conditions, we’ll match the price.
- The item must be new and an identical brand, model, year, colour and size.
- It can’t be seconds, refurbished, opened, pre-owned or damaged in any way
- It must be sold and shipped from within Canada by a Canadian-based retailer
- It has to be fully priced in Canadian Dollars, and account for all additional charges including, but not limited to, shipping and handling and environmental fees. (So if a competitor offers an item at $350 plus $50 shipping, we consider the competitor’s price to be $400.)
- The price must be ticketed, signed or advertised, not verbally agreed to
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase through the competitor’s regular retail channel at the time of request
- Our price match policy includes sale and clearance prices, but doesn’t include special orders and prices lowered due to errors, misprints, multiple purchase discounts, close-outs or end-of-business liquidations
- MEC staff must be able to verify all the details above.(They may use means such as phone, online, advertisement or flyers as appropriate).
Price matching cannot be combined with further discounts or special offers.
Minimum advertised price
Some brands have a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP), which is policy set for all retailers. By Canada Law, we can’t advertise a product’s price below the vendor’s MAP. Occasionally, brands we work with allow retailers to sell a product below MAP for a specified time period. To ensure we are offering consistent low prices, we also consider lowering our price so members can get the fairest deal.
A note about pricing errors
If an item is listed at an incorrect price due to an error, MEC has the right, at our sole discretion, to reject or cancel orders placed for that item. At our discretion and depending on the circumstances, we’ll either contact you for instructions about your order, or cancel the order and notify you about the cancellation.
We don’t have sales. If you need something today, you can buy it today and know it’s great value for the money. We do offer clearance prices for products, sizes, or colours that are discontinued. Clearance items may have limited availability and prices may apply to specific colours or sizes.
We also have occasional opportunities to offer special buys and discounts. We seek arrangements with vendor-partners to provide ongoing value to MEC members, and we try to move through items that are less in demand in order to stock more items that members want. These offers may include:
- Products we’ve over-purchased offered as clearance or limited-time discounts.
- Products made specifically for MEC, or items we obtain at a discounted price from a vendor, which we’re allowed to sell at a reduced rate as a member benefit.
- Seconds-quality items with minor blemishes or imperfections. We offer discounted prices on these on a case-by-case basis, and we always inform members about the specific imperfection so you can make an informed choice.
If something you’ve purchased goes on clearance within 30 days of the original purchase, we’ll refund the difference. Call us or bring your receipt to the store where you bought the item.