Members who find a lower price on an identical product up to 30 days after a purchase can submit a price matching request here to provide details and proof of purchase. The sale or lower price must be available for purchase at the time of your request. Please note that it can take 7-10 business days for your request to be completed. If the following conditions are met, we’ll match the price.
Your comparable product must:
- be new and of the identical brand, model, year, season, colour and size.
- not be seconds, refurbished, opened, pre-owned or damaged in any way.
- be sold and shipped from within Canada by a Canadian-based retailer.
- be fully priced in Canadian Dollars, accounting for all additional charges including, but not limited to, shipping and handling and environmental fees. (If a competitor offers an item at $350 plus $50 shipping, we consider the competitor’s price to be $400.)
- must be available for immediate purchase (at the lower price) through a regular retail channel at the time of the price match request.
- the price of the comparable product must be ticketed, signed or advertised, not verbally agreed to.
- our price match policy includes active sales and clearance prices but doesn’t include special orders and prices lowered due to errors, misprints, multiple purchase discounts, close-outs, end-of-business liquidation or final sale items.
- MEC staff must be able to verify all the details above. (They may use means such as phone, online, advertisement or flyers as appropriate).
- you must be a member of MEC and have made the purchase using your membership. This policy is not available for purchases made by non-members or though guest checkout.
- price matching cannot be combined with further discounts or special offers.
- MEC cannot price match the following retailers: The Bay Marketplace, eBay or The Last Hunt.
How to submit a price matching request
You can submit your price matching request here, or reach us at 1 (888) 847-0770 or (604) 876-6221.
Minimum advertised price
Some brands have a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP), which is policy set for all retailers. By Canada Law, we can’t advertise a product’s price below the vendor’s MAP. Occasionally, brands we work with allow retailers to sell a product below MAP for a specified time period. To ensure we are offering consistent low prices, we also consider lowering our price so you can get the fairest deal.
A note about pricing errors
If an item is listed at an incorrect price due to an error, MEC has the right, at our sole discretion, to reject or cancel orders placed for that item. At our discretion and depending on the circumstances, we’ll either contact you for instructions about your order, or cancel the order and notify you about the cancellation.
Discounts and clearance
We offer clearance prices for products, sizes, or colours that are discontinued. These items may have limited availability and prices may apply to specific colours or sizes. We also have occasional opportunities to offer special buys and discounts. We seek arrangements with vendor-partners to provide ongoing value, and we try to move through items that are less in demand in order to stock more items that customers want. These offers may include:
- Products we’ve over-purchased offered as clearance or limited-time discounts.
- Products made specifically for MEC, or items we obtain at a discounted price from a vendor, which we’re allowed to sell at a reduced rate as a member benefit.
- Seconds-quality items with minor blemishes or imperfections. We offer discounted prices on these on a case-by-case basis, and we always inform you about the specific imperfection so you can make an informed choice.