MEC Toaster Suit - Children
MEC Toaster Suit - Children
- Available prices $145.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
Full coverage and warmth for small skiers and riders who want to play outside in wind or wet snow (because wet snow is the best building snow). This classic one-piece suit offers warmth and weather protection when there's fun to be had in fall and winter. Redesigned for 2018 based on member feedback, the Toaster Suit is now waterproof and tougher than ever. Durable waterproof fabric helps them stay warm and dry through hours in the snow, and it's abrasion-resistant to stand up to the demands of serious play. The suit has room for layers and a hem that can be let down to accommodate growth, then (if you need it) tacked up again to ready it for the next kid in line.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Reinforced knee, rear and scuff guard is 400-denier nylon with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and DWR. Updated based on member feedback, this fabric has higher tear and abrasion resistance.
- Lining is recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 300g MEC Hyperloft, with 240g in the sleeves and hood for freedom of movement.
- Attached hood is toggle-free for safety and has an internal elastic to seal in heat.
- Interior fleece-lined collar provides warmth and comfort, and the fold-over chin guard prevents chafing.
- Elasticized cuffs with internal storm cuff to keep out the cold and snow.
- Dual front zips allow easy on/off and have external weather flaps.
- Side cargo pocket closes with a flap and snap and has a ski pass loop inside.
- Reflective piping across arms and hood. Patch on arm has reflective embroidery for heightened visibility.
- Articulated knees.
- Reinforced knees and ankle cuffs provide added durability.
- Internal gaiters have grip elastic to cinch around boots to keep out snow.
- Grow hem system lets you undo a line of stitching at the ankle to add extra length to accommodate growth spurts.
- Durable MEC zipper pulls.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
|Face fabric||Polyester + polyurethane|
|Insulation||300g/sq. m polyester (body) + 240g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.