Showers Pass designed this waterproof-breathable jacket for the most demanding cycle tourers and commuters. Reflective from all angles, with high quality zippers, extra-long vents and hidden drop tail that protects against road spray, the Refuge will keep you dry on stormy city streets and windswept passes alike.
- Durable 3-layer waterproof breathable construction, with sealed seams.
- Adjustable hood fits over a helmet and can be removed and stashed in inside pocket.
- Loop on back for a blinker light.
- Brushed facing on chinguard wicks moisture and is soft against your skin.
- Full front zip is backed by a storm flap.
- Extra long vents let you thermoregulate.
- Zippered inner chest pocket with audio port.
- Handwarmer pockets feature water resistant zips for secure storage.
- Hoop and loop cuff closures.
- Adjustable drop hem provides extended coverage in the riding position, and can be cinched to keep out drafts.
- Magnetic drop-down tail protects from road spray and wet stadium seats.
- Extensive reflective detailing enhances visibility from all angles.
- As of 2020 Showers Pass is Climate Neutral certified, meaning they fully offset their carbon emissions. Climate Neutral certified is a consumer label that's carried by brands who take responsibility for greenhouse gas emissions generated in production, operation and shipping of their goods and services.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.