Serious bibs that know how to have fun. A collab between Outdoor Research and Arcade Belts, the Carbide combines backcountry-ready protection with a fun, unique flair. The 3-layer fabric is backed by a tricot knit to wick sweat and keep you comfortable in winter conditions. Integrated gaiters keep the pow out and side vents help you dump heat when bootpacking. Plus, the extended side zipper lets you quickly escape when nature calls.
- 3-layer Pertex® Shield fabric protects you against wind, sleet and snow.
- Full bib keeps snow where it belongs, on the outside.
- Adjustable Arcade® Belt webbing suspenders detach in the front.
- Side-entry zip extends from bib top to knee for easy on and off.
- Zippered front bib pocket and a zippered bacon pocket.
- Integrated gaiters layer securely over boots.
- Reinforced kickpatches protect against sharp edges.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Zippered side vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Kick patches|