Your first and best defence against a bear attack is prevention: good food hygiene in camp, awareness and making noise while underway, anything that gives bears a chance to steer clear. But close encounters may occur despite all your precautions. At such times, you'll appreciate having an active, non-lethal deterrent. This spray causes temporary eye tearing and respiratory distress, but leaves no permanent damage.
- Fires for approximately 8.2 seconds.
- Range is roughly 10.5m.
- Active ingredient is 1% capsaicin that will not cause permanent eye damage.
- Dual component Dymel-nitrogen propellant remains effective at extremely low temperatures and does not cause ozone depletion. Non-flammable.
- Glow-in-the-dark safety clip lets you find the unit in the dark.
- Zap tie prevents accidental loss of safety clip.
- Three-year shelf life, with expiration date on label.
- Note: When purchasing or picking up bear spray in-store, valid Photo ID is required.