June 25, 2018
Found in “Activities, Gear”
Garmin fans: it’s in. Top billing on this week’s fresh sheet goes to the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire – and lots of other good stuff is landing too. Check out the latest, including a cooking pot that collapses flat to save space, Fjallraven Greenland Wax, the most fun your dog could ever have with recycled bike tubes, and more.
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire
Big news: if you’ve been waiting for this watch in Canada, it’s finally at MEC! Equipped with a larger battery and advanced heart rate technology, the 5X Plus is ready for your toughest races and training sessions. Some highlights:
- Improved Elevate™ optical heart rate monitor sensor lets you train without a chest strap and provides blood oxygen saturation level information.
- Includes Canadian map data, with room for more maps.
- Trendline™ routing uses Garmin Connect’s database of athletes’ routes and tracks to find the most popular way to get you where you’re going, letting you train like a local, wherever you are, on or off-road.
- Round-trip mapping: choose the distance you want, and the Fenix plots course options to take you out and back to where you started.
- Holds up to 500 songs. Download playlists via iHeartRadio or Deezer streaming services, or drag and drop MP3s from your computer through Garmin Express.
- … and a heap of other features.
Sea to Summit XPot 2.8L
The XPot pairs a durable and heat-efficient hard anodized aluminum base with a stepped silicone body to create a lightweight collapsible pot. Folding down to a mere 4cm thick, the Xpot 2.8 frees up valuable backpack real estate for more important items (like chocolate).
Corkcicle Canteen 16oz
Keeps your drink at the temperature you want. Triple-insulated walls keeps drinks cold for up to 25h or hot for up to 12h, and won’t sweat on you. The wide-mouth opening accommodates most ice cubes.
Lights in 2 seconds and burns for up to 30 minutes, making them an ideal way to kickstart your campfire or BBQ. Waterproof design is perfect for your emergency kit or those camping trips where Mother Nature is in a foul mood.
Race Face Agent Winter Pants
Pants that will get you set for the (inevitable) soggy North Shore conditions a few months away. The seams are taped, the zippers won’t let water in and they’re cut for coverage as you ride. Best of all, the venting panel won’t make them feel like you’re wearing a garbage bag.
Aqua Lung Big Squeeze Blunt Tip
The Big Squeeze knife has an intuitive and easy to use sheath: simply reach for your knife, tighten your grip around the handle, and your knife is free. The blunt tip reduces the chances of puncturing yourself or your equipment.
Cycle Dog High Roller Dog Toy
What’s squeaky, super fun and made of recycled bike inner tubes? This awesome dog toy. Plus, it floats!
Look KeO Tour de France Pedals
A Tour de France special edition pair of Look KeO Easy pedals (just in time for le Tour kicking off in July). A great choice for riders looking for a first pair of clipless pedals, or those looking for a simple pedal, they’re lightweight, easy to get in and out of, and feel stable.
Fjallraven Greenland Wax
Looking to boost the waterproofness of your Fjallraven G-1000 garments? Enter Greenland Wax. Rub it on, melt it in, and get ready to enjoy your favourite G-1000 jackets and pants, rain or shine.