The North Shore wouldn't be the North Shore without its legendary rainfall. Don't let that stop you from shredding. The seams are taped, the zippers won't let water in and they're cut for coverage as you ride. Best of all, the venting panel won't make them feel like you're wearing a garbage bag.
- Made of supple and stretchy polyester and spandex.
- Waterproof-breathable lamination, water-resistant zippers and critically sealed seams keep winter rains out.
- Upper panels use 3-layer waterproof breathable fabric with a lightweight mesh liner for next to skin comfort.
- Lower panels use 2.5-layer waterproof breathable fabric to keep the pants light and packable.
- Rear panel is made of durable nylon and spandex for increased abrasion resistance.
- Glove-friendly zipper pulls throughout.
- External waistband adjustment lets you fine-tune the fit.
- Raised rear waistband provides extra coverage while in the riding position.
- 2 zippered front pockets give you space to store small stuff.
- Dual-snap adjustable hems keep your pants out of your spokes.
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||Polyester + spandex|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||High waist cut|