September 7, 2016
When you’re training for a half marathon or full marathon, long runs are a huge part of your run schedule (and your weekend). But they’re also a great training tool even if you don’t have a big race planned.
Learn how to run long safely, how far to run depending on your goals, what makes these runs so important and more. Hosted by Michael Doyle, editor of Canadian Running Magazine.
Long runs: the awesomeness of the long distance runner
Planning a long run? Be prepared with:
- Running vest or belt to hold your fuel
- Electrolytes to add to your water
- Energy gels and chews (have you tried the maple syrup gel yet?)
- Earphones to listen to podcasts and music
Watch more in the Be a Better Runner Series:
- How to do hill workouts
- Get the tempo run 101
- How to get fast with speed work
- What’s the deal with cross-training?
- How to prep for race day
Special thanks to Canadian Running Magazine