To thank you for your dedication to public safety and support of our outdoor community, we’d like to offer you a 15% discount on just about anything* we sell. This discount is available to current, active Canadian emergency service personnel. This program is intended to support those who, by the nature of their current profession, are critical to our Co-op and our purpose.
The discount is intended for those who play a vital role in MEC’s outdoor community, the neighborhoods we serve, and the communities where members and staff live, work and recreate. It’s our way of thanking these brave people for their dedication to public safety and for being a critical part of our membership and community.
Eligible outdoor emergency service personnel include:
- Municipal firefighters
- Municipal and provincial police officers eligible for appreciation programs
- Paramedics and EMTs
- Search and rescue team members (volunteer and professional)
- Coast Guard officers and crew (volunteer and professional)
Visit any MEC store with your professional ID and photo ID, or call us at 1 (888) 847-0770. Not a member of MEC? A lifetime membership is $5, the same since 1971.
What’s included in this discount?
- All products, including clearance products, with a few brands excluded
- Clothing and gear for your own personal and professional use, and for your immediate family (spouse/common law partner and children under 19 living in the same household)
This discount is valid in stores and by phone, and is not valid online.
What’s not included?
- Certain brands are excluded: Patagonia, Arc’teryx, The North Face, Blundstone, Birkenstocks, Glerups, Cannondale, Intense and clearance or sale-priced bikes (other brands may be added at MEC’s discretion)
- Your $5 MEC membership
- Gift cards, special orders or bulk orders
- Limited time deals
- Products being purchased as gifts or for resale
- Online purchases
- Services: rentals, repairs, bike or ski services
This discount cannot be applied to prior purchases or combined with other offers or discounts, such as limited-time offers, package discounts, price matching or staff discount.
*All outdoor emergency personnel who are eligible for appreciation/discount programs are eligible for this discount. You must be an MEC member to purchase. Discount is valid in stores and by phone, and is not valid online. It applies to products being purchased for professional or personal use and for your immediate family (spouse/common law partner and children under 19 living in the same household), and does not apply to products being purchased for gifts or resale. Discount applies to regular-price and clearance in-stock merchandise, with some exceptions including clearance bikes. Discount may not be applied to gift cards, MEC membership, services (rentals, repairs, bike or ski services), bulk orders or special orders. This discount cannot be applied to prior purchases or combined with other offers, such as package discounts, price matching or staff discount.