MEC Hydrofoil Jacket - Women's
MEC Hydrofoil Jacket - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $119.00 From $119.00 to $159.00 $119.00 – $159.00
This item ships FREE!
- Available online
- Check store availability
Lightweight and packable, this fully seam-taped jacket is good for hiking in a coastal rainforest, travelling in wet climates, or going anywhere with unpredictable weather patterns. It has a waterproof breathable Pertex Shield® coating, packs up small, and doesn't add much weight, so you're more likely to bring it along in uncertain weather. Best of all, the Hydrofoil packs amazing value into a versatile piece of gear.
- Made of 40-denier recycled nylon with Pertex Shield waterproof breathable microporous PU coating.
- Exterior is treated with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- Fully taped seams for maximum wet-weather protection.
- Integral, fully adjustable hood with reinforced brim for full weather resistance.
- Underarm zips for added ventilation.
- 2 zippered outer pockets.
- Articulated elbows for good range of motion.
- Velcro® adjustable cuffs.
- Elastic drawcord at bottom hem is accessible from inside the pockets.
- Cut for layering over light to mid-weight garments.
- Length provides extra coverage, and fit works for climbing.
- Washing instructions: Close all zips and Velcro before washing. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Tumble dry low. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||40-denier recycled nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.