MEC Watchtower Jacket (Men's)
Product Number: 5017-964
Made in China
Weight: 297g (Medium)
Named for a classic 34-pitch route in the Bugaboos, and designed for moving rapidly in the mountains. The fleece is extremely lightweight and has the features of a true mid-layer. When you're working hard, you can shed your outer layer and the high air-permeability allows the wind to carry off heat and moisture, so you don't get soaked with sweat. When you start to cool down, pull on a shell jacket without feeling all bulked up, and the fabric continues to transport moisture vapour out and away.
- Stretch fleece fabric is resilient and doesn't lose its loft. Made of 100% polyester.
- Warm with high air-permeability to transport moisture.
- Flatseam construction for comfort under layers.
- Minimalist design and a cut suits the vertically oriented. The waist won't ride up when you're putting in a high piece, navigating a steep traverse, or swinging an ice tool.
- Single zippered pocket (get over it, that's why you have a pack).
- Enclosed drawcord at waist.
|Intended Use||Climbing - alpine
Base layers offer moisture control and some insulation, whereas mid-layers offer insulating properties to the layering system. The indicated weight is a guideline for selecting either a base layer or mid-layer and offers different performance characteristics between the two types of garments.
|Fabric Content||100% polyester|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
|Durable Water Repellency
Durable water repellency (DWR) treatments cause water to bead up and run off your clothing.
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)