A thoroughbred expedition-volume sea-steed for intermediate to advanced paddlers, the Legend offers a true Greenland design by Nigel Foster, combined with careful Canadian construction to create a high-performance paddler’s dream boat. This sleek, easy, light, and fast sea kayak handles well in wild conditions and surfs superbly on following seas. It offers a cockpit roomy enough for leg and foot comfort. The Legend is designed to so that you control the boat with your body and the boat responds readily. The narrow beam allows great speed. The hull provides a reassuring degree of initial stability, while the chines offer substantial secondary stability, allowing the paddler to confidently edge the Legend for carving turns. The clipper bow and reserve hull buoyancy make for a dry ride. A clean deck layout — the hatches, safety line anchor points, and the compass mount are all recessed — minimizes spray.
- Made of hand-laid fibreglass with vinylester resin.
- Two large oval rubberized hatches for easy loading of the bow and stern compartments.
- A separate dayhatch holds lunches, tarps, and shore clothing where they’re secure, yet accessible.
- Pre-moulded compass mount area, forward of the bow hatch, where the compass course can be followed without having to take your eyes off the waves.
- Skeg provides tracking stability in rough seas.
|Length||5.4m (17ft. 10in.)|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||79 x 38cm (31 x 15in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.