MEC Cocoon Bunting Suit - Kids' - InfantsProduct code 5028-980
A cozy option for little adventurers who experience the outdoors by carrier, ski sled, or bike trailer. Warmer than fleece and less bulky than a snowsuit, the versatile Cocoon is a lightly insulated, DWR-finished one-piece suit that can be worn solo, or as a mid-layer with something like the Newt Suit. Double zipper entry allows for easy in-outs and diaper changes, and insulated foldable paws make for toasty feet and hands.
- Shell and lining are recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Insulated with recycled polyester.
- Convertible mitts and slippers provide feet and hands with an extra layer of insulation against the elements.
- Insulated hood has an internal elastic to seal in heat.
- Gusseted crotch reduces any ride-up, and helps accommodate diapers and baselayer onesies.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
- Can be washed in cold water and dried on gentle settings. Don't use fabric softeners, bleach, dry cleaning.
- Generous fit for seasons of use.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted crotch|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.