MEC Bon Vivant Jacket - Women's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
At home on streets and sidewalks when the rain comes in sideways. The Bon Vivant Jacket has a long cut that offers protection combined with ease of movement. Made of a soft waterproof-breathable fabric, it's more supple than standard rain wear. It has clean styling that allows you to dress it up a little when you want an elegant urban look. And deep, accessible pockets let you warm your hands or button your gloves inside so you don't lose them over the winter.
- 2.5 layer waterproof-breathable recycled polyester has a polyurethane microporous hydrophilic laminate.
- Construction is fully seam taped to seal out water.
- Feminine gathered detail on shoulders with graceful curved seams.
- 2 vertical handwarmer pockets with button closures.
- Attached hood adjusts with three-button option on back and a drawcord.
- Full zip closure with snap-button wind flap. The zip stops short of the bottom hem to allow mobility.
- Back vertical gusset for freedom of movement.
- Mid-thigh length.
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.