A favourite with product testers and MEC Ambassadors, the Flightcheck Jacket can be worn going up and coming down without having to stop to add or remove layers. Because the Neo Shell fabric is highly breathable it allows you to ramp up to maximum exertion while keeping you dry inside. Designed as a minimalist shell you can wear on the move, it isn't as waterproof as a heavier shell made for absolutely saturating conditions. But as a shell layer for days of big vertical gain and drop, the Flightcheck is an all-systems-go solution.
- 3-layer Polartec Neo Shell has an microporous polyurethane membrane and DWR finish to shed water and is taped through the seams for waterproof protection.
- Adjustable, helmet compatible hood has an integrated collar with a microfleece chin-guard.
- Large napoleon chest pocket and 2 large stow pockets for additional gear.
- Internal zippered pocket is printed with Recco information
- Aquaguard, waterproof front zipper, YKK Uretek coated pocket zippers.
- Underarms zips allow easy venting.
- Adjustable hem seals out drafts.
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Centre back length is 29.5in.
- Close all zips and Velcro before washing. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Tumble dry on low. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Recco system|