MEC Outathere Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Bad weather happens, halfway through the Camino de Santiago or midway down a rappel route on the back of Snowpatch Spire. The Outathere Jacket adds a protective layer to your alpine set up or your travel pack. Made of ultralight, packable Pertex, it won't take up too much room in your pack, but when the rain hits, the waterproof fabric and taped seams will keep you dry and protected. An adjustable hood, streamlined cut and articulated elbows let you keep moving on and out even through the worst of the weather.
- 2.5 layer Pertex Shield fabric has a hydrophilic film that's fully waterproof and moderately breathable (not ideal for sustained, daily use).
- Taped seams provide full wet-weather protection.
- 3-panel hood has 2 volume adjustments and a stiffened brim to block out wind and rain while allowing you to see clearly.
- Waterproof front zip has an internal storm flap to keep out driving rain.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Articulated elbows for better range of movement.
- Elastic cuffs.
- Shockcord hem allows adjustment.
- Centre back length is 71cm.
- Care instructions: Close all zips before washing. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Tumble dry low. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
|Face fabric||10-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.