MEC Commix Hoodie - Men's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ultralight, packable and filled with DWR-treated down, it sets the dial at optimal for the warmth-to-weight ratio of down jackets. The fabric has exceptional tear strength for something so lightweight, and DWR-treated down retains impressive loft and warmth when exposed to precip and moisture in the field. Tested by MEC ambassador Tobin Seagel in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, the DWR-treated insulation and nylon outer, combined with a warm insulated hood made the Commix a standout in this heavy-snow, high-country setting.
- Made of ultralight, downproof ripstop nylon that's exceptionally durable and tear resistant.
- Outer fabric is treated with DWR to shed water and snow.
- Insulation is 850 fill-power down (grey and white goose down) with DWR treatment that allows the down to retain loft and warmth when damp.
- Sewn through construction with a diamond and triangle quilting pattern.
- Insulated hood with elastic edges, fits over a helmet.
- Fold over chin guard for comfort.
- 2 zippered hand pockets with zipper garages.
- Zippered internal pocket acts as a stuff sack and has a loop for clipping to a harness.
- Elasticized cuffs keeps sleeves in place.
- Curved hem with elasticized side panels seals out drafts.
|Face fabric||7-denier nylon|
|Insulation||850-fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
|Down weight||90.5 (medium)g|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.