With a super-solid frame (no creaking or flexing), the Origami LTD has the same ride feel as the original Origami Bike, but scales back a bit on the components. It does everything you love about a folding bike: stows in a closet, packs into your micro-car or your boat, goes on the train, and fits under your desk – all at an economy price. If you're an occasional multi-modal commuter or need a bike for just now-and-again use, this is a very accessible option.
- Lightweight aluminum frame folds with durable centre hinge.
- Tern V-brakes are powerful and easy to maintain.
- Adjusts to fit riders from 147 to 188cm (4ft. 10in. to 6ft. 2in.) supports a max weight of 105kg (230lb.).
- 7-speed gearing accommodates most urban topography.
- For transport, seat post telescopes into the frame, handlebars telescope and fold flat and pedals fold against the crank.
- Kenda K-193 20 x 1.5in. tires provide plenty of cushioning.
- Folded size is approximately 34 x 67 x 64cm.
- Integral rear rack keeps packs and cargo off your back.
- Included fenders for rainy day riding.
- Note: Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Tern M-series 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tern (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||BioLogic Chime|
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||Tern aluminum|
|Hub (front)||Tern Mini|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano MF-TZ21 7-speed 14-28T|
|Tires||Kenda K-193 20 x 1.5|