Ridley Fenix SL40 Road Bicycle - Unisex
There's never been a Fenix like this. With a revamped frame that's 15% lighter and 8% stiffer than its predecessor, the SL blurs the line between a race bike and endurance bike. A uniquely layered carbon fibre frame creates a responsive, comfortable ride. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finish line sprints, the tapered headtube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the road. Detour onto logging roads, and the Fenix's endurance roots come alive. When descending rough backroads, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 30mm) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. Mavic Ksyrium wheels are proven performers – durable, adventurous, responsive when you need extra punch, and they won't weigh you down on extended climbs. Equipped with one of the best gruppos around, it gets a lightweight workhorse 11-speed Shimano Ultegra shift setup that balances performance and reliability. When coming in hot to technical hairpins, the Ultegra brakes produce confidence-inspiring catch-free power and nuanced modulation. Details make a bike special, so Ridley opted to adorn the Fenix with a host of proven 4ZA components to tie this whip together.
- High modulus carbon fibre frame with comfort and stiffness engineered diamond shaped top and headtubes performs in all conditions.
- Slightly raised headtube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Revamped carbon fibre fork with carbon steertube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre drop outs help cut overall weight, while the stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Ksyrium wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Elite tires.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra groupset.
- 52-36T Shimano Ultegra crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano Ultegra brakes feel as good as they perform.
- Seat, seatpost, stem and other components are a mix of 4ZA Cirrus and Cirrus Pro.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R561 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra 52-36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite 700 x 25|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.