MEC Centre Point Insulated Jacket - Men's
MEC Centre Point Insulated Jacket - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $195.00 $195.00
- Original price $325.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Total waterproofing and insulation make the most of your days on the hill. You get all the spoils of a resort ski jacket – goggle pocket, powder skirt, underarm zips and city-worthy style – plus awesome weather protection via a 2-layer waterproof-breathable fabric and fully taped seams. A layer of Hyperloft insulation and a fleeced chin guard add warm comfort to brisk chairlift rides and a built in Recco® Rescue System keeps you on ski patrol’s radar.
- Fabric is a 2-layer polyester with a waterproof breathable polyurethane laminate, a DWR finish and fully taped seams to seal out water.
- Ripstop recycled polyester lining features a DWR finish.
- Insulated with 60g of synthetic Hyperloft insulation throughout.
- Hood features a stiffened hood and is helmet compatible.
- Front zip is water resistant with a fleeced chin guard.
- Mesh lined underarm zips use water-resistant YKK coated zippers
- 2 zippered hand pockets feature fleece lining and storm flaps.
- Internal drop-in pocket houses your phone or goggles.
- 2 zippered chest pockets.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic has a loop for attaching to compatible snow pants.
- Drawcord hems to tune the fit.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.