MEC Provincial Road 233 Bicycle - Unisex
The legendary Provincial rises to new heights with the 233. The Columbus Spirit steel frame is stronger, with thinner tubing than other steel alloys, it allows a much lighter build without sacrificing ride quality or durability. The 233 does away with the need for a front derailleur, and instead opts for the simple elegance and versatility of a SRAM Rival 1x11 set up. Hydraulic brakes provide outstanding power and keep braking consistent through gritty winters, cyclocross pits, or long summers of riding. Light, stiff EA SL70 hoops are true performers that won't weigh you down on hills or buckle under the rigours of cyclocross. To tie this build together, a EA70 cockpit and svelte Fabric are pretty much guaranteed to get universal nods of approval.
- Premium Columbus Spirit steel frame with 20% thinner tubing walls is incredibly light, stiff, and durable.
- Lowered bottom bracket boosts stability.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer sheds grams and improves ride quality.
- 12mm thru-axle frame and fork are stiff and user friendly.
- 1x11 SRAM Rival groupset for consistent, reliable shift performance.
- 42T SRAM Rival crank combined with massive 11-42T cassette results in a versatile gearing.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- Easton EA70 SL Wheels are lightweight and tubeless ready.
- 35C tires suit gravel grinding, rough city streets, and sections of single track.
- Tire clearance of 50mm in the rear, and 56mm in the front allows for high volume tires and mega-fender setups.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Columbus Spirit steel|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||Easton EA70 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||Easton EA70 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Rival 42T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Evo|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor USH 700 x 35|
|Wheel||Easton EA70 SL Disc|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.