A specialist's piece from Rab, who set the benchmark for high-altitude gear. The Expedition 8000 Jacket is what you want for climbing Everest or Denali, blazing new routes in the Karakoram or crossing polar ice caps. It uses the highest-quality down, lightweight fabrics and features designed to weather the world's most extreme conditions.
- Outer fabric is lightweight and durable Pertex Endurance 30-denier nylon 6 with a waterproof coating and a DWR finish.
- Lined with 20-denier nylon 6 Pertex Quantum.
- Fully insulated with 850-fill power Responsible Down Certified Nikwax Hydrophobic Down that doesn't retain moisture.
- Box wall baffled construction ensures the down stays in place and a differential cut places more down in the areas you need it most.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a wire-stiffened brim so it won't obstruct your vision.
- 2-way YKK front zip with storm flap seals out gusts.
- YKK underarm zips let you exhaust heat.
- Lots of outer and inner pockets hold water bottles or electronics against the body where they stay warm.
- Articulated elbows for full range of motion.
- Oversize zipper pulls and cord adjustments are designed to work with mittens.
- Reflective details keep you visible during those 2 a.m. alpine starts.
- Oversize unisex fit provides room for layers and accommodates explorers of many body types.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||850-fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|