Arc'teryx Beta SL Hybrid Gore-Tex Jacket - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
"SL" means "superlight", which might be the first thing you notice. Ideal for fast-and-light hiking or as an emergency shell on multi-pitch climbs. A fully adjustable storm hood, drawcord hem and cuff adjusters offer complete protection from the elements. The front zip, vents and pockets all feature water-resistant zippers and tight seam tolerances make it compact and packable.
- GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus in the body and GORE-TEX with C-KNIT™ reinforcement in high-wear areas.
- 40-denier face fabric is lightweight and hard-wearing.
- Micro seam allowance of 1.6mm reduces bulk and weight.
- Articulated construction allows dynamic moves.
- Underarm gussets keep jacket from lifting when you're reaching overhead.
- Adjustable storm hood is helmet-compatible, with a laminated brim to deflect rain and snow.
- Tall collar with brushed microsuede chinguard.
- Highly water-resistant external zippers.
- Underarm zips for easy venting.
- High volume hand pockets.
- Laminated cuff adjusters reduce bulk.
- Drop hem provides coverage, with cordlock adjusters.
- Trim fit.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.