MEC Synergy Gore-Tex Jacket - Women's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A windproof, waterproof barrier designed for skiers and climbers. The adventure-hungry Synergy Jacket is made with the gold standard of waterproof-breathable technology, GORE-TEX®, with a durable yet packable face fabric. Great alpine-specific features include harness- and backpack-accessible pockets, a high collar to keep out blowing snow, and a helmet compatible hood with a cordlock adjustment.
- Made of 70-denier nylon with a GORE-TEX membrane and DWR finish for superior waterproofness and breathability.
- GORE-TEX® C-Knit lining is comfortable next-to-skin, supple when you move, and highly breathable.
- Fully seam-taped construction keeps you dry and comfortable in howling conditions.
- Water-resistant front zipper is sewn and glued in place with an inner storm flap to seal out wind.
- Underarm vents have 2-way watertight zips, for releasing heat.
- Contoured cuffs layer well with gloves and close with Velcro® tabs.
- 2 front pockets close with water-tight zippers.
- 1 internal pocket keeps personal items secure.
- Shock-cord adjustable hem with cordlock adjustment.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate it under snow. Recco tech is not a substitute for avalanche-skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.