Black Diamond bumped up the lumens on the streamlined Cosmo to a darkness defying 300! The mode button cycles through smooth dimming, flood and spot lighting, and a red night light.
- Flood and spot light modes lighting for near or far.
- Smooth dimming feature dials in perfect brightness.
- Strobe mode helps keep you seen.
- Red light modes help preserve night vision, great on early morning starts.
- Intuitive 2-button controls for flipping between modes.
- IPX8 waterproofing protects up to 1m of submersion for up to 30 minutes. Note: If your light does get seriously wet, be sure to dry it out completely before storing it.
- Lock-out mode prevents accidental activation.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||8m|
|Beam distance - high||74m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - low||200 h|
|Burn time - high||6.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)|